Setting Court Orders for Child Support

A biracial mom and dad holding their child at a market

The Wisconsin Child Support Program can help you set up a child support order or medical support order if you apply for child support services. Parents who are receiving some types of public assistance automatically get child support services and do not have to apply for them. See Child Support and Aid/Benefit Programs for more information.

Wisconsin Courts use the rules in the Child Support Standard for setting support amounts. It is important to understand that only a court can set or change a support order.

If you get or apply for child support, you will receive case management services from your local child support agency.