Child Support Tax Information for Parents

Expand the sections below for more information and resources related to Child Support Tax for Parents.

Intercepted Tax Returns

  • How Tax Intercept Works
  • If a payer is married and filed a joint return, the payer's current spouse is entitled to a portion of the intercepted tax refund. To receive it, the spouse must file an injured spouse form. Download an injured spouse claim
  • Tax Intercept hotline number: 1-800-304-3107, for information about intercepted federal taxes

Child Support Payment Records for filing

If you need a record of your support payments, you can get a free copy of your account history. To get a copy of your payment record:

  • Sign on or sign up to the Child Support Online Services website.
  • Call the KIDS Information Line at 1-800-991-5530 and request a copy of your account history.

Federal Tax Information

Wisconsin State Tax Information

Free Help for Filing Tax Returns


Taxpayer Assistance Centers

Assistance Centers offer free tax-return help for low income tax payers and seniors.

Other Resources