Wisconsin Department of Children and Families

Protecting Children, Strengthening Families, Building Communities




Unclaimed Child Support

When a child support check could not be delivered because the parent's address was not known, the support payment is reported to the Office of State Treasurer. These funds are "unclaimed" or "abandoned." Parents may claim the support owed to them by following the steps below: