Milwaukee County Child Protective Services

Information for Agencies Providing Out-of-Home Care Placement Resources for Children/Youth

kids laughing

The Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services (DMCPS) contracts with the out-of-home care providers to provide placement resources for children/youth in Milwaukee County and served by the child welfare system.

In order to receive placement referrals for children/youth under a Temporary Physical Custody (TPC) or Child in Need of Protection and Services (CHIPS) Order, your agency must be licensed appropriately by the State of Wisconsin and the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Child Welfare Licensing Section (CWLS), and you must be contracted with DMCPS.

DMCPS contracts with community-based providers for children/youth in need of higher levels of care placements. Click the links below for more information about how to register and pursue a contract with DMCPS: