Milwaukee County Child Protective Services (MCPS)

Information for Agencies Providing Residential Care Center (RCC) Services 


Contracting with MCPS

You must be licensed as a Residential Care Center (RCC) for placement of children under a Child in Need of Protection and Services (CHIPS) order before approaching the Milwaukee Child Protective Services (MCPS) to request a contract. Licensing information can be obtained from the Bureau of Permanency and Out-of-Home Care Child Welfare Licensing web site or by called 608-266-8946.

The Milwaukee Child Protective Services (DMCPS) requires that RCCs used as placement options for children in MCPS’s care must be registered with MCPS and contracted with the Department of Children and Families (DCF). This is an open process: any newly licensed RCC, or existing RCC not currently under contract, may submit a registration packet to MCPS at any time during the year. For RCCs currently under contract, a registration packet must be submitted annually and is due no later than October 31st each calendar year. A link to the registration check list and facility information form is below.

It is important that you submit a completed packet with all the required materials to avoid delaying the registration and contracting process. Following a satisfactory paper review, a site visit may be scheduled by the MCPS’s program evaluation manager for out-of-home care. Only those RCCs that meet the minimum requirements will be eligible to receive a DCF contract and MCPS placements.

Please note: Although a contract may be granted, MCPS does not guarantee the placement of children within any facility. All placements are determined based on the specific needs of the child.

If you have questions, please send an email to:

Completed Packets are to be submitted to:
Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services
Out-Of-Home Care
635 North 26th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53233