MyWIChildCare for Providers

Child care providers who accept Wisconsin Shares families are paid via an EBT card. Instead of being paid directly by the state, parents who receive Wisconsin Shares are using their MyWIChildCare EBT card to pay providers according to their payment policies.

The EBT system is called MyWIChildCare.

mywichildcare-card-art.jpgThe card looks like the image to the right.

Providers may log in to to check your MyWIChildCare account once you have a signed contract with FIS, the EBT vendor.


Reminder: Never keep a client's MyWIChildCare EBT card, account number, or PIN!

Do not ask for or possess a client’s MyWIChildCare EBT card, account number, PIN or any representation of these items. You may not require that a client submit their Authorization Notice. This violates Wisconsin Confidentiality Law (49.83). If you or your staff is found in possession of any of these items, you may be issued an overpayment and/or permanently suspended from the program.

Do not risk it. Never ask for your client’s EBT cards!


Provider Outreach Documents

Training Videos

For Parents

  • Using Your MyWIChildCare EBT Card (for parents)     Spanish
    • The MyWIChildCare EBT card provides a fast and easy way for you to access your child care subsidy
    • Activate your card and create a PIN
    • Use your MyWIChildCare EBT card to pay for child care
      • Pay for child care online, over the telephone, or swipe your card at a POS machine
      • Transfer funds electronically from your MyWIChildCare account to your provider's account
    • Check your account balance online, by calling customer service, or by swiping your card at your provider's optional POS machine

For Providers

Parent Outreach Documents

MyWIChildCare Cardholder Payment Sample

A brief overview showing how easy it is for parents to pay their child care provider online using their MyWIChildCare card.

MyWIChildCare Printed Brochures

Voluntary Repayment Agreement

If a child care provider receives an inaccurate child care subsidy payment, they must fill out this Voluntary Repayment Agreement form (DCF-F-5178) to authorize FIS to debit their account for the amount they should not have received. If a child care provider does not return the funds, they may be held liable for the overpayment.

Request Access to the Child Care Provider Portal (CCPP)

What is the DCF Child Care Provider Portal?

The Child Care Provider Portal (CCPP) is a secure website, available 24/7, where regulated Wisconsin Child Care Providers can manage their child care business using any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an Internet connection. Read more about the CCPP.

Please follow the instructions provided to obtain access to the Child Care Provider Portal (CCPP).

Training Videos

Watch the training videos that explain the functionality of the Provider Portal.

Provider Portal User Guide

Download the Provider Portal User Guide for complete instructions on using the Provider Portal.

Provider Portal Fact Sheet

Download the Provider Portal Fact Sheet for an overview of the latest enhancements to the Provider Portal. Use the Provider Portal to help manage your child care business. The Provider Portal is open 24/7, and you can access it from any computer, tablet, or smartphone with an Internet connection.

  • Update your prices.
  • Send a request to end a MyWIChildCare authorization for a child who is no longer attending or has never attended.
  • Report days (or weeks) that your child care program will be closed so a parent can request an authorization to an alternate provider during your closure.
  • View certain Licensing/Certification, Registry, and YoungStar documents and details.


Additional Wisconsin Shares Information