Report Child Care Fraud

If you suspect Child Care Fraud, be a part of the solution. You may remain anonymous. Please fill out the Child Care Fraud Form, or email dcfmbchildcarefraud

Report a Child Care Concern or Complaint

If you have a concern about something going on in a child care facility or you suspect child abuse, neglect or exploitation at a child care facility, please use the drop-down menu on the Tell Us How We Are Doing page to fill out the appropriate complaint form.

Financial Support for Families


Wisconsin Shares Inclusion Rate 

Parents of a child with a disability should know that additional financial support may be available to assist with their child's care. Families who are eligible for Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy Program, and who have a child with a disability under the age of 19, may be eligible to receive a higher subsidy amount in order to help a child care provider support the specific needs of their child.  The higher subsidy amount could be used by the provider to purchase adaptive equipment, specialized toys, additional support and/or necessary materials.  

If interested, a parent can request a copy of the Wisconsin Shares Inclusion Rate Request Form (#2976) from their local county or tribal agency or it is available to print in the following languages: English or Spanish.

Filling out the form:

  1. The parent will need to complete the General Information section, as well as the Disability Criteria section (this section requires verification of the child's disability or other special needs)
  2. The parent should have the child care provider fill out the Provider Rationale section
  3. When all sections are complete, the parent submits the form to their Wisconsin Shares Child Care Coordinator or Wisconsin Shares Child Care authorization worker at their local agency

* All requests are determined on a case-by-case basis.

Important: Most children can be included in a child care setting without the need for a higher subsidy amount. It is for this reason that the Department recommends that programs and families first seek out training opportunities, as well as consultation/coaching, in order to learn how best to integrate a child with a disability into the existing child care program. Please contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Agency for information about supports and services, as well as training opportunities, available in your area. Additional training resources can be found on the Inclusion Trainings webpage. 

Children's Long Term Support (CLTS) Program 

The Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Program helps children with disabilities and their families through supports and services that help children grow and live their best lives. It is a home and community-based service waiver. It uses a Medicaid waiver to fund services for kids with disabilities. A waiver lets states use Medicaid to fund additional non-medical services and supports not normally offered. 

Children who are eligible for the CLTS Program work with a support and service coordinator from the local county health and human services agency. They help children and families find CLTS services they need. Providers who register for the CLTS Program offer approved services for CLTS members.

Do you think you might be interested in becoming a CLTS provider?  Find out more here

If you have questions or concerns about a child's development (physical, social-emotional, or cognitive), contact: Well Badger Resource Center (formerly First Step Wisconsin) at 1-800-642-7837.  Information about Early Identification/Screening, Child Find and other early childhood topics can be found at the Collaborating Partners website.