Report Child Care Fraud

If you suspect Child Care Fraud, be a part of the solution. You may remain anonymous. Please fill out the Child Care Fraud Form, or email dcfmbchildcarefraud

Report a Child Care Concern or Complaint

If you have a concern about something going on in a child care facility or you suspect child abuse, neglect or exploitation at a child care facility, please use the drop-down menu on the Tell Us How We Are Doing page to fill out the appropriate complaint form.

Support spelled out with wooden blocks image.Financial Support for Parents
and Providers

Parents and child care providers should be aware that there may be financial support available when a child has a disability. Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy Program supports care for all eligible families, including the families of children with special needs.

If you have concerns or questions about a child's development (physical, social-emotional, or cognitive), contact: Wisconsin First Step Information and Referral Hotline at 1-800-642-STEP (7837).


For Parents

Families who are eligible for Wisconsin Shares Child Care Subsidy, and who have a child under age 19 with a special need or disability, should be aware that their child care provider may be eligible to qualify for a higher subsidy amount to assist with caring for the child. Higher subsidy amounts are determined on a case-by-case basis.

If interested:

  1. Obtain a copy of the Wisconsin Shares Special Needs Inclusion Request Form through one of the following methods:
    1. Contact your local county or tribal agency and request a copy of the Wisconsin Shares Special Needs Inclusion Request Form
    2. Print a copy of the Wisconsin Shares Special Needs Inclusion Request Form
  2. Complete the parent section of the form
  3. Ask your child care provider to compete the provider section
  4. Return the completed form to your local agency


It is recommended that programs receive Technical Assistance or training on best practices for including children with special needs. These practices can help to integrate children with special needs into the existing child care program. Much of the time a child can be included into the child care without the need for a higher subsidy amount.

Some local agencies may provide Technical Assistance or other services to successfully include the child into the child care program. Please contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral or Wisconsin First Step for more information about services available in your area.


The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.