Wisconsin Works (W-2) for Minor Parents

Wisconsin Works (W-2) is Wisconsin’s Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.

I am a minor parent. What services are available to me through W-2?

A worker at a W-2 Agency can provide you with information regarding:

  • Available child care services;
  • Employment and financial planning;
  • Family planning services;
  • Community resources; and
  • Eligibility for BadgerCare Plus, FoodShare, and other food and nutrition programs.

You may also be eligible to have your child care costs wholly or partially covered by the State through Wisconsin Shares while you attend high school. If you have a job and need assistance to keep your job, or if you have a job offer and need assistance to get a job, you may be eligible for a Job Access Loan to help cover the costs of obtaining uniforms, a driver’s license, or transportation if you meet certain conditions

How do I apply for W-2?

You must apply for W-2 at your local W-2 Agency. Please visit the Find a W-2 Agency page for contact information.

What should I bring with me when I apply for W-2?

This brochure provides you with a checklist of what to bring with you to apply for W-2.

Find your local W-2 Agency
Read the W-2 Policy Manual