Wisconsin Department of Children and Families

Protecting Children, Strengthening Families, Building Communities




Questions Parents ask about Cooperating with Child Support

I am worried about the other parent knowing my whereabouts. What can I do?

If the release of your address, phone number, employer, or other location information would put you or your children at risk, ask your child support worker for privacy protection. Click here to download the privacy protection form.

My child support case is with a Tribal Child Support Agency. What steps do I take to file good cause?

Please contact your Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program for more information specific to your program.

What should I do if I am told I am not cooperating, but I think I am?

If you do not agree with the child support program's decision that you are not cooperating, you may ask your child support agency for a review of your case.

What if I have a good reason for not cooperating with child support?

If you believe you or your child(ren) may be harmed if you cooperate with the child support agency, talk with your benefit worker about filing a good cause claim.

What if I do not agree with the Good Cause decision?

If you do not agree with the final decision about Good Cause, you may request a fact-finding review from your benefit agency.