- July 1: Tiered reimbursement goes into effect for Day Camps.
- March 1: Day
Camp providers are invited to enroll in YoungStar.
- January 1: Tiered reimbursement rates for 5 Star providers increased to 25%.
December 29: Tiered reimbursement rates for 4 Star providers increased to 10%.
- July 1: Tiered Reimbursement goes into effect.
- March 1: School-Age care
providers are invited to enroll in YoungStar.
- March 1: Secretary Eloise Anderson sends final report on YoungStar Immediate Training and Technical Assistance to the Joint Finance Committee
- December 14: the Joint Finance Committee approves the Department of
Children and Families' Five-Year Plan (see motion to approve)
- December: Provider begin to apply to participate in YoungStar and are
rated; parents can search for YoungStar rated providers on the
YoungStar Provider Search page
- November 22: The Department of Children and Families submits its Five-Year Plan for YoungStar
- November: Contract is issued to the YoungStar Consortium, an
organization made up of the Celebrate Children Foundation, the Supporting
Families Together Association, and the Wisconsin Early Childhood Association
to administer YoungStar in all six regions of Wisconsin
- August-December: Training and technical assistance given to over 5,000
participants through over 200 trainings in twelve Wisconsin counties
- June 30: A
Request for Proposal was issued to select the regional
entities to be responsible for training, technical assistance and rating in
six YoungStar regions of Wisconsin
- June 23: YoungStar passes the Joint Finance Committee in
Motion 38 which
spells out how YoungStar will be implemented, including immediate training
and technical assistance opportunities in twelve counties
- March 24: Secretary Reggie Bicha submits to the Joint Finance Committee
a letter and plan for the implementation of YoungStar
- June 29: 2009 Wisconsin Act 28, the biennial budget for Wisconsin,
passes and includes a directive for the creation of a child care quality
rating and improvement system (2009 Wisconsin Act 28 Section 9108(7f))