Supportive Services and Programs
- BadgerCare Plus - The BadgerCare program provides low cost health insurance to Wisconsin families.
- Child Care (CC) - The Child Care program provides child care for low income parents.
- Child Support - The child support program helps families become independent and remain self-sufficient. The program helps families by establishing paternity (legal fatherhood) and by obtaining and enforcing court orders for child and medical support.
- Child Support Agencies - List of local child support agencies throughout Wisconsin.
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation - The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation obtains, maintains and improves employment for people with disabilities by working with Vocational Rehabilitation consumers, employers and other partners.
- Emergency Assistance (EA) - Emergency Assistance (EA) is designed to assist with the immediate needs of eligible persons facing a current emergency. The emergency must be due to fire, flood, natural disaster, energy crisis, homelessness or impending homelessness.
- FoodShare - FoodShare Wisconsin was created to help stop hunger and to improve nutrition and health. FoodShare helps people with limited money buy the food they need for good health.
- JobNet - JobNet contains current job opportunities that employers have listed with the Wisconsin Job Center system.
- Job Access Loans - Job Access Loans are short-term, no interest loans designed to help persons with immediate expenses related to getting or keeping your job.
- Job Center Directory - Find a Wisconsin Job Center in your area. Job Centers help people find employment in Wisconsin.
- Kinship Care - Kinship Care is a program designed to help support a child who resides outside of his or her own home, either temporarily or for the long term, with the relative (such as an adult brother or sister, a first cousin, a nephew or niece, an uncle or aunt or a grandparent, among others.)
- Medicaid (MA) - Medicaid provides healthcare benefits for Wisconsin citizens.
- Wisconsin Community Action Program Association (WISCAP) - WISCAP is the association which is funded by the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG). The CSBG provides federal funding for Community Action Agencies (CAAs) and other programs throughout Wisconsin that seek to address poverty at the community level. The intent of CSBG is to promote economic self-sufficiency for Wisconsin's low-income households through resource mobilization, training & development, and advocacy.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA) - The Workforce Investment act provides funding for programs for employment placement/retention, job training, and education-related training programs are delivered through Job Centers.
Updated October 25, 2011