Emergency Assistance

Low-income families with a child may receive Emergency Assistance (EA) to help keep their home, or in some cases, to help with the cost of a new residence. Families must have a current emergency of impending homelessness, homelessness, energy crisis, fire, flood or natural disaster. Families must not have received an EA payment in the past 12 months. Families also must meet financial and nonfinancial EA eligibility requirements. Find out more about Emergency Assistance

Apply at your local Wisconsin Works (W-2) agency. To find your local W-2 agency please refer to the W-2 Agency Locator.

For Emergency Assistance policy, see the EA Manual.

Updated December 15, 2015

The Department of Children and Families, protecting children, strengthening families, building communities.