Wisconsin Shares Suspension
|Provider Name||Licensed Capacity*||Shares Authorizations*||Most Recent Monthly Payment|
|Leola's Special Needs Child Care||8||11 (May, 2013)||$3,808.62 (May, 2013)|
*At suspension unless otherwise noted
Rationale for Reasonable Suspicion of Program Violation:
The Department gave the provider an opportunity to submit a satisfactory explanation to the Department on 4/24/2013; the Department has determined the explanation the provider submitted on 5/24/2013 to be unsatisfactory. The Department is revoking all child care authorizations and refusing to issue payments based upon a combination of red flags indicating a likelihood of Shares violations and the following findings from the Department’s investigation including: 1) the provider’s failure to maintain and submit accurate attendance records as required by the Shares program; and 2) the provider’s failure to comply with the statutes, promulgated rules, or policies of the Wisconsin Shares program.
The Department has evidence that the provider:
- Billed for more hours than children actually attended.
- Billed for children who had incomplete attendance records (missing a time signed in or out).
- Billed for children who were not in attendance as they were not observed in care.
- Billed for specific arrival and departure times that were different from what was recorded as the children’s actual arrival and departure times on the attendance records.
- Billed for children no longer attending the provider’s child care center.