Children Quick Links:
- Adoption Records Search
- Child Protective Services
- Child Welfare Licensing Section
- Child Welfare Program
- Child Welfare Training System
- Domestic Violence
- Foster Care
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
- Independent Living
- Indian Child Welfare
- Kinship Care
- Safe & Stable Families
- Paternal Interest (Putative Father) Registry
- Subsidized Guardianship
- Title IV-E
- Child Welfare Complaint Procedure
- Contact Us
Post Adoption Resource Centers
Services for adopted persons, birth parents and adoptive families are available from a variety of service providers including licensed adoption agencies. Wisconsin statutes provide an adoption search program to provide access to certain non-identifying and identifying information for adopted persons.
Six Post Adoption Resource Centers in Wisconsin each serve a regional area in Wisconsin by:
- Providing education, support activities and services to adoptive families living in the identified service area.
- Improving community awareness of adoption, and promoting a positive image of adoption.
- Striving to create a better understanding of the unique issues facing adoptive families among public and private human service providers, schools and medical care providers.
- Increasing the availability of services for adoptive families, including respite care, crisis intervention, day care, after-school care, legal help, family counseling, support groups related to adoption, access to Title XIX service providers and planning for the transition of an adopted child to adulthood.
- Establishing collaborative efforts among public and private organizations and the general public to address the needs of adoptive families in the regional area.
The Post Adoption Resource Centers bring a high level of expertise, as well as additional funding to post adoption services through grants, in-kind services and donations. The Post Adoption Resource Centers include the following agencies:
- Northern and Northwestern Wisconsin - Catholic Charities, Diocese of
800/212-4357 (toll-free) or 715/832-6644
Counties: Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Clark, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Florence, Forest, Iron, Jackson, LaCrosse, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Monroe, Oneida, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Portage, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, St. Croix, Taylor, Trempealeau, Vernon, Vilas, Washington and Wood
- Northeastern Wisconsin - Family Services of Green Bay
800/998-9609 (toll-free) or 920/436-4360
Counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Marquette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Sheboygan, Waupaca, Winnebago and Waushara
- Southern and Southwestern Wisconsin -
Catholic Charities - Diocese of
800/236-4673 (toll-free) or 608/256-2358; Email: email@example.com
Counties: Adams, Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Iowa, Juneau, Lafayette, Monroe, Richland, Rock and Sauk
- Milwaukee and other Southeastern Wisconsin -
Coalition for Children, Youth and Families
800/762-8063 (toll-free) or 414/475-1246
Counties: Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington and Waukesha