BMCW Quick Links:
- BMCW Home
- Report Child Abuse
- About BMCW
- BMCW Child Welfare Services
- Become a Foster or Adoptive Parent
- Milwaukee Family Resources
- Foster / Adoptive Parent Resources
- BMCW Staff Resources
- Careers in Child Welfare
- Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Council
Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare
Child Abuse and Neglect Training for Mandated Reports
- BMCW Offered Training: The Bureau offers a
joint training session including BMCW Mandated Reporter Training
and Wisconsin Works (W-2)
- Located at the BMCW office: 635 N. 26th St, Milwaukee, WI 53233
- The next training is Friday, October 17,
- The W-2 session runs from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m.
- BMCW Mandated Reporter Training session is from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Please register as seating is limited. There is no charge.
- On-Site Mandated Reporter Training: Organizations may request an on-site
- Contact Jessica Kotsakis, Community Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org to request this training. Please note the on-site trainings do not include the W-2 training session.
- Online training is now provide by the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System.
Foster and Adoptive Parent Orientation
If you have ever thought of becoming a foster or adoptive parent, now is the time to take the first step. BMCW has two agencies that recruit, license, and support foster parents. Your first step is to go to one of the orientation sessions.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Service, phone 414-KID-HERO (543-4376). Orientation schedule.
- SaintA, phone 855-GROW
(Orientation) Calendar. Foster Care Coordinator: Melissa Dombrowski-Boling
Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership provides initial and ongoing training for foster parent licensing. Some classes may be open to unlicensed relative caregivers and adoptive parents.