BMCW Quick Links:
- BMCW Home
- Report Child Abuse
- About BMCW
- BMCW Child Welfare Services
- Become a Foster or Adoptive Parent
- Milwaukee Family Resources
- Foster / Adoptive Parent Resources
- BMCW Staff Resources
- Careers in Child Welfare
- Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership Council
Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare
Child Abuse and Neglect Training for Mandated Reports
- BMCW offers training for
mandated reporters and anyone interested in learning more about
reporting child abuse and neglect and what the BMCW does after
receiving a report. On the same day, we offer information about Wisconsin Works (W-2)
- Organizations may request an on-site training for 20 or more employees.
- The next training is Friday, April 18, 2014. The W-2 session runs from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. and the BMCW session from 2:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Please register as seating is limited. There is no charge.
- Child Care Providers - The Registry lists several courses on reporting child abuse/neglect; the BMCW training listed above is one of them. Please register as seating is limited and specify that you are a child care provider.
- Online training is now provide by the Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System.
Foster and Adoptive Parent Orientation
If you have ever thought of becoming a foster or adoptive parent, now is the time to take the first step. BMCW has two agencies that recruit, license, and support foster parents. Your first step is to go to one of the orientation sessions.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Service, phone 414-KID-HERO (543-4376). Orientation schedule.
- SaintA, phone 855-GROW
(Orientation) Calendar. Foster Care Coordinator: Melissa Dombrowski-Boling
Milwaukee Child Welfare Partnership provides initial and ongoing training for foster parent licensing. Some classes may be open to unlicensed relative caregivers and adoptive parents.