Unclaimed Child Support

When a child support check could not be delivered because the parent's address was not known, the support payment was reported to the Office of State Treasurer. These funds are "unclaimed" or "abandoned."  Parents may claim the support owed to them.

Click here to search the Office of State Treasurer' Unclaimed Child Support log

To claim the support owed to you, complete the Request for Abandoned Funds form. Follow the instructions on the form. You must sign the form in front of a Notary Public. You may use the Notary Public at your child support agency.

Mail the completed form to the address listed on the form. This form is also available in Hmong and Spanish.

More Information for Parents Receiving Support

Updated June 21, 2012

The Department of Children and Families, protecting children, strengthening families, building communities.