Child Support Comments and Concerns

In Wisconsin, county and tribal child support agencies provide child support case management services. Click here for the child support agency responsible for your case.

Complaint Resolution

Parents who apply for child support services have a right to file a written complaint and have their case reviewed if they believe that the local agency has delayed or has not taken mandatory actions on their case.

To begin the complaint process, you will need to fill out a Complaint Form, and submit it to the child support agency working on your case. When they receive this form, an independent fact finder (not agency staff) is required to review the facts in your case and notify you of a determination.

Filing Your Own Court Actions

If you want to take the matter in your child support case before the court yourself, you can file your own "pro se" action. Your county  Clerk of Court office can provide a packet containing the forms you need for this purpose, or tell you where you can obtain the forms you need.  Forms and instructions are also available online from the Office of State Courts.

General Information

If you want to receive general information about the Wisconsin child support program you may contact us at

Updated April 11, 2016

The Department of Children and Families, protecting children, strengthening families, building communities.