Children Quick Links:
- Adoption Records Search
- Child Protective Services
- Child Welfare Program
- Child Welfare Training System
- Domestic Violence
- Foster Care
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
- Independent Living
- Indian Child Welfare
- Kinship Care
- Safe & Stable Families
- Paternal Interest (Putative Father) Registry
- Statewide Subsidized Guardianship
- Title IV-E
- Child Welfare Complaint Procedure
- Contact Us
Interstate Compact On the Placement of Children
Recognizing Placements Covered by the Interstate Compact
The Compact applies to four types of situations in which children may be sent to other states; ICPC does NOT apply to placement into a medical facility, a boarding school, or a mental health facility:
- Placement preliminary to adoption.
- Placements into foster homes, group homes, residential care centers.
- Placements with parents and relatives when a parent or relative is not making the placement.
- Placements of adjudicated delinquents in institutions in other states.
Last Revised: June 16, 2008